Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Who am I?

I live my life guided by two quotes.

. "Mors certa, Hora incerta" Death is certain, It's time incertain
. "Life is a comedy, It's all in the execution"

Life is too short to mope and sulk, and it is far too dangerous to leap into it without restraint and caution.
Life is neither black nor white, but full of glorious grays. Every shade from dazzling white to pitch black exists. It would do good to take heed to this.
If you enter life completely trustful, your naivete will afford you a broken heart and an empty wallet. And yet if you enter life entirely wary, you are doomed to an empty and unfulfilled existence.
Humility is a quality that is vital to humanity. For there will always be someone better than you are, and all you can do is to strive to be better. And anyway, I personally would find perfection quite boring. It is the imperfections in life that I find beautifull. They allow me to appreciate a new dawn, the thunder in a rainstorm, the crisp smell of a new book, my friends, a hot coffe when I wake up, the delight of good conversation, the beauty of women. If everyone were perfect, how would we appreciate anything?
So as this is said, I prepare. With a grain of salt in my mouth, a shot of tequila in one hand, a bowl of fried rice in the other, a good book in my pocket, headphones filled with good jazz, and equipped with a fine sarcastic wit I will sail the uncharted waters that are my life.

No comments: