Sunday, March 19, 2006

Horizons.....so many...so far apart.

I was catching a ride from Oakville to Missisagua to get to a party, when after remarking on the very beautiful lady in the car next to us and generally being a perverted man, I looked in front and noticed the wide open road in front of me. And then my eyes took in the wide horizon far in the .... well horizon.
It made me very sad for some reason. I dont know exactly why it invoked such feelings in me, perhaps it made me all of a sudden feel very small. It made me think of the wide horizons I always see whenever driving in Dubai, it made me think of the many horizons I have yet to see and experience. The world is such a huge place in itself, but comparing it to the ginormous universe it resides in, it is but a small, insignificant little speck of dust.
It makes me want to see all the horizons that I have'nt seen yet. I want to see the places that these horizons will lead me to. I want to go the the end of all the horizons. People say there is a pot of gold at the ens of a rainbow. I now think it will be at the end of the horizon, and the pot of gold, is the culmination of all the experiences that are gathered along the way.
And I can only imagine what some of the horizons on other palnets would look like. Imagine seeing the earth rise from the red plains of Mars. That just makes me imagine what all the other horizons look on other worlds. Its so sad, yet refreshing to know that there is still so much to sse in this world, and so much that I have'nt seen yet.

No comments: