Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stirring Emptied Cups

There are birds here
There and now in then,
I can see them
Could watch beaks and eyes,
But then and now still
I can't hear their souls
Or yet perceive flight.

There still be flowers
Here and there,
Sometimes in when,
I could look at them
Can caress their petals,
But now and then
I couldn't smell their being,
Still can't sense their colour.

I sit inside and out there
Having held my empty cup,
I had seen it's clay
And known it's every crease,
I drank from it
Then and till now,
I sip it's subtle content
Here and again will,
In slowing trickles
Spill onto paper,
To begin my wait
For visited reflection.


*-----------------------------*

13 comments:

Vinay Leo R. said...

It was like a poet and a struggle to get the thought out on paper! Muse escaped, but your search for her continued :) Nice verse!

My Post Is Here

Paulami said...

i loved the "time" play.. here and there.. now and then..

Anonymous said...

smart one..

welcome to poets rally.

have fun.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous...I am in love will the way these words gently render the message.

Anonymous said...

It made my head spin, had to reread it :) cool intro

enjoy the rally
http://lynnaima.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/linconnue-de-la-ribambelle/

Anonymous said...

enjoyed this! my thursday post : http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/me-before-us/

Neeraja said...

Hmmm. I agree vth lynnaima. It did make my head spin. :D

Anonymous said...

An exceptional piece, the words are like a cat peeking from behind the sofa as you unknowing wiggle your big toe -

The Poet said...

Liked the ending. Sometimes the muse stays asleep for too long.
Good Rally entry. Thanks for sharing.

Foxy said...

This piece relates to me in the sense that at times I really do not know what to think about anything.

For Now and Then, I am both Here and There and No-where.

This piece reminds me of that.

Cheers,
Rahul/Foxy

Aadithyan Mohan Kaniyamparambil said...

Woah, this is what comes with not having arranged this strange internet to let me know when I get a comment! Thanks everyone! Overwhelmed only I am! ... Sorry, Yoda fan.

$unshine of the Moon said...

"there still be flowers"........its beautiful......loved it :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we see, sometimes we don't. I enjoyed this.