Monday, May 24, 2010

Right then, Nobility.

Some time has passed
Since the witching hour began.
And having watched a drama
Of men and empire,
Where Union Jack rode forth,
Pensively I sit
Thinking is his language,
And drinking his scotch.
High in my house, sixteen floors
Keep me from the ground,
I lean out of my window
And look.

To the right,
The dunes of Arabia abound,
The desert that passively saw
The inception of man.
Man who'd tread her sands
And spread to all the earth,
Taking from her fingers
All that she would give, and more.
A loan never recognised
Yet disdained with interest,
Her payment instead
Is spit in her face.

To the left,
Piles of mortar and steel stretch.
Those towers that house
The teeming masses,
That throb and thrive to get
Entry into exclusive comfort,
That now slumber to begin again
that pointless scrabbling,
Perhaps forgetting something
In their dash for success.
For the din of baying hounds
Drowns our ears, and sense
Fails to pierce patented helmets.
In our patented leather jackets
Wearing patented felt boots,
As we hunt that wily fox
Who looks back, all the while
With a wide grin.

But when I turn
Mine eyes below,
Life looks back at me.
Amidst a sea of cars
Parked neatly like bricks,
A lone figure works.
A wet cloth swabs
Testaments to edifice,
For that is what they are,
Removing the grime
From the desert's sands,
Off shiny chrome shells.
Tiring now, he finishes one,
Pushes his cart to the next,
This one's run-down
Old and battered,
But still that man
Took no pause.
With none to oversee,
He cleans that beat up car
That is somebody else's,
And moves to the next.

Should I have looked up,
Away, I would see the floors
Above me, and naught else.
For the night-time halo
Of our civilized world,
Shields our view
Of the sympathetic stars.


*----------------------------*

6 comments:

Daughter of the Night said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daughter of the Night said...

Nice layout...

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 37.5[/url] are tablets that resist reduce fuselage weight. Everybody of these tabs has to be infatuated with ring false, round 20 minutes already a repast, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia for weight loss[/url] is the richest obese burning force out nearby in market these days a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia reviews[/url] is the rout adipose burning extract readily obtainable in market for the nonce a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select